Welcome

Welcome to my blog that was created for the "Freedom of Expression in the Digital Age" online course by the International Center for Journalists.

Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Learning Digital World

Write a blog entry about your experience so far with the tools of the digital age and embed at least one multimedia element (audio, video, photo gallery, map or other interactive graphic). Which of the tools introduced in the course have you found most useful and why? Consider: blogging, linking, RSS, multimedia, social media (Twitter, Facebook etc.) How do they affect your own work today? How can you make better use of them?

So far, my experience within the digital world is entwined to the usage of photos and videos. I have never used more than these two my life and not more than photos in my stories, but I am intending to use more than that onwards for my features.

I actually find all multimedia tools of very importance but it is how we use them that makes them effective. Indeed, It is still that I want to learn: which is the best tool used for the article.

I prefer using social media all the time: Facebook, twitter and linked in. I find these three social network sites very useful and effective by every means. Many times I actually get detailed information about news stories that I try to follow through twitter.

The following Video explains that Social Media= positive ROI






No comments:

Post a Comment